Friday, November 4, 2016

Sleepy but miserable when awake

Reagan slept well last night and then just kept sleeping this morning! She slept until 11:45am or so and then finally woke up with wide eyes and a bit serious. The smiles of yesterday were long gone. Still no pees. Nothing since I helped her go at 10pm last night. So her nurse helped her (it took 6 tries) and she finally went! She wasn't awake 30min and she started getting fussy. I heard her from downstairs so I ran upstairs. She eventually broke out into full blown tears. I held her trying to soothe her and her nurse gave her some oxycodone. Thankfully it worked and 15min or so later she dozed off in my arms. I transferred her to her mat on the floor and she continued sleeping.  She slept hard, not waking up until 6:15pm. Unfortunately, she immediately woke up upset and tears soon followed. I promptly gave her more oxycodone and she settled down and dozed back off. Unfortunately this time it didn't last and she was back awake and crying by 9pm. It's definitely a pain sort of cry. A miserable cry. A cry I feel like we haven't seen in quite a while. Lots of crunching in half...leading you to believe it's some sort of abdominal pain. This time we tried clonidine, but it was not a quick fix. She was uncomfortable and crying for a while. Finally we moved her to her tomato chair where she seemed to be a little more comfortable. She eventually dozed off there with Daddy laying on the floor beside her snoring! Mike was OUT. I contemplated just leaving him there for the night, but around 11pm I did go and wake him up and tell him to go to bed. Thankfully Reagan's still out. Hoping she stays that way and can sleep whatever this is off!

No comments: