Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bad night and day

So it was definitely a rough one last night. Reagan spent the whole night in her chair and there was a lot of fussing and moaning and crying that kept me up most of the night. I kept a fairly regular schedule with her pain meds, but it just didn't seem to be helping at all. This morning I tried ibuprofen and that might have provided a little relief. Today it's been a lot of the same. Periods of crying interspersed with periods of moany/whiney/whimpery discomfort. Pain meds still don't seem to be helping. She's pretty miserable. She's had a couple of huge wet diapers that soaked both her and me, so I was a little concerned about maybe a UTI, but I checked it with our strips and everything looks good. So that shouldn't be the issue. I'm assuming just a regular bad day. Despite having a bath yesterday, I can smell that bad day smell in her hair today. Something is off. Whatever it is. Neither we nor her doctors have been able to figure that out (for years). Finally, this afternoon/tonight she started feeling a little better. She and her brother watched Frozen (his first time to watch the whole movie) and she tolerated it all. Nothing seemed to bother her in the least. Unfortunately for us, she's still not looking sleepy so I have no clue if she'll sleep tonight or not. We're hoping for the best! We're all pretty exhausted! Praying for a better day tomorrow.



No comments: