Monday, December 7, 2015

From tears to good to tears again!

Reagan woke up last night around 2:30am fussing. I got up and laid down with her and we both dozed back off. Then Mike came in at 3am with my phone...it was the nursing agency. The nurse called in because she was on her way to urgent care with an allergic reaction! So needless to say, we were nurseless today. Not a good thing on a school day, but thankfully our neighbor (who is also a nurse) came over and sat with Reagan while I dropped off and picked up Ryan! Reagan actually had a pretty good day today (for most of the day). She was a little more serious, but I was still able to get some smiles out of her. She had several therapies/school and did well with them all. In between, we just hung out and snuggled! I kept her on the floor most of the day because her temperature regulation was so off. Her back was sweating wet very quickly in her tomato chair. Tonight, seemingly out of no where, she got nauseous. I'm not sure if it was from laying on her back all day or what, but lots of gagging. And then, as I was holding her and talking to Mike, the tears started up. Lots of them! I finally got her settled down but she was definitely on edge for the rest of the night (especially sensitive to music on tv). When it came time for bed, Mike tried laying down with her, but she wasn't falling asleep. I gave her clonidine...still nothing. Eventually the tears started back up again and we moved her to her tomato chair. I tried giving her oxycodone but still nothing. Nothing is working! It's 12:45am and I'm just now trying to lay down in bed (she's still not asleep). Something tells me this is going to be a loooooong night! :(




No comments: