Sunday, October 11, 2015

The nausea returns

Reagan didn't sleep much again last night. She woke up pretty tense again and was on edge. Even Daddy giving her a kiss moved her to tears! She recovered quickly though and was even giving us some smiles! Her temp regulation was still way off today, so she spent a lot of time on the floor again. I moved her tv to the floor so she could see it better and it stopped working! Ugh. It's been on the fritz for a while now, so I guess it's finally gone kaput! For now we're making due with the spare bedroom tv, but I guess I'll be tv shopping in the near future. So for most of the day Reagan was pretty good, tense, but good (and holding her pees again). Then tonight the nausea hit! I don't know if it had anything to do with her laying down all day or maybe it was triggered by a sore throat (like her brother and I both have) or maybe it's just her CVS back again. She has had several bouts of nausea in the last month or so...the first two were 10 days apart, then the next two were 12 days apart, and this one is 20 days since the last one. Ugh. Go away nausea. I don't like it...not one bit! My poor girl was gagging and retching all night long! We tried promethazine (since Zofran never seems to work)...nothing. Eventually we just got her set up in her tomato chair and gave her an early dose of clonidine. Thankfully she dozed off. Praying she stays asleep and wakes up feeling better!

No comments: