Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Busy day

Reagan slept well last night! She did wake me up with a vocalization at one point, but I went in and found her still asleep but uncovered. I covered her back up and went back to sleep! Both she and her brother woke up at 7am this morning. She woke up a little vocal, but content. Ryan did a little naked swinging before the nurse got here. That's his new favorite thing to do. Take his clothes (and diaper) off and run around naked. What a skill. This morning we had a little excitement. Reagan was doing speech when I dropped Ryan off at school. On my way home my tire gauge was telling me my tire pressure was low, so I stopped at a gas station and attempted to check/fill them myself but that didn't fix anything, the sensor was still reading low. So then I decided to just go and have them checked at a tire place. On my way there, I was trying to call Reagan's nurse and tell her what I was doing, when she answered the phone in a frazzled state telling me that Reagan had just had a HUGE blowout and she couldn't talk! Oops! I wish I had gone home instead! She managed to get it under control herself and I got my tires checked (they were all just a little low) and headed back home. She was having some gas/tummy pains that made her a little vocal, but she was OK. PT came and worked with her and then we promptly packed up and headed to Dell for hip x-rays and her hematology appt. The hip x-rays were super quick, but the hematology appt took FOREVER. We really liked the doctor and she seems very much on top of things. She, of course, thinks the neutropenia we saw was just transient and not a problem, but she ordered a bunch of labs just to check everything out! The labs are what took so long. After a very long and thorough appt with the dr, we then sat in the room 40min before the nurse ever came to draw her blood! I honestly think they might have forgotten about us (because they didn't come by at all until our nurse went to check with them)! Of course that then put us coming home in 5 o'clock traffic (my girl had several bouts of the hiccups in the car)! Crazy day. Glad to be home. Of course I came home to a super grumpy boy (who took a late/short nap) and a vocal high maintenance girl...so not a lot of rest being had on my part. I'm not going to be getting much rest of the next several days as we are nurseless until Tuesday of next week! Every one of our nurses are going out of town for the Labor Day holiday and of course our nursing agency never found anyone to pick up the shifts. Don't even get me started on that. Ugh. Anyway, it's going to be interesting trying to manage taking Ryan to and from school, while dragging Reagan along with me! Fun times. Pray for me! Pray for two easy kids over the next 5 days!!

No comments: