Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sleep deprivation

Sorry everyone for the delay in posts. All is still good here, I'm just having a hard time managing my late nights (and sometimes up many times thru the night) and early morning runs. I am SO not a morning person. And although I feel so much better after running in the morning, I'm exhausted from the cumulative lack of sleep! This morning was definitely one of those mornings! And my poor girl, I can't even imagine how tired her little body must be! She's on her second night of little to no sleep, with no end in sight! Thankfully, she's still smiling, so we'll take what good we can get! She only had one therapy today, PT, but she did well with that. She was up in the stander for a bit and just as sweet as can be. This afternoon and tonight she just took it easy. I gave her clonidine tonight and 30min or so later, she did start looking sleepy. She dozed off for maybe 10-15min but woke up when I was connecting her tube feeds (even though I seriously didn't make a peep...I think she could just sense me beside her). She was very vocal and seemed slightly agitated, so I tried giving her some oxycodone, but it didn't seem to touch her. I started diffusing some lavender and "peace and calming" and was rubbing lavender around her head. Finally around 1am I was in the process of looking up what oils I could use for restless leg syndrome (she was kicking around a lot and just couldn't seem to hold still), when she finally dozed off again. I'm off to bed to try to get some sleep!  

No comments: