Thursday, September 4, 2014

Kooky and on edge

Reagan had an awful night last night (for part of it anyway). She went down around 11pm but was back up around 1am. She was very moany groany and I didn't like the idea of her laying flat if she was going to be awake. I moved her to her chair and she proceeded to get very crazy! Thrashing, kicking, biting...looked very similar to an adverse reaction to medication...only I hadn't given her anything! It was awful. I tried oxycodone, but it didn't touch her. With all of the commotion, Mike finally came in and tried his hand at soothing her. She was just not budging. Eventually I decided to try some Ibuprofen and Mike took her into her room and laid down with her. Somehow, someway, he managed to get her back to sleep! Anyway, she slept the rest of the night and didn't wake up until 7am or so this morning. She's definitely been a lot more vocal and kooky today. Definitely on edge. We had to cancel both vision and PT this morning, but OT came this afternoon and did a lot of body work with her (stretching her upper body that's been in a state of constant "crunch")! She seemed to enjoy it! The rest of the afternoon/night she was just slightly on edge. We had to be careful about talking too much or music on tv. When it came to going to sleep, her body was just not cooperating. I tried clonidine, an hour later she was still wide awake! Then I tried Lortab, but that didn't do much either. She was tired and trying to doze off, but she just couldn't. Finally Mike tried laying down in bed with her and she immediately fell asleep, but the second he got up, she was wide awake again. She wasn't going to just lay in her bed awake (she started fussing), so I moved her to her chair. I'm afraid she's going to be up all night now! Poor girl. No signs of nausea today except for some tongue action she was giving me when I picked her up and was trying to hold her. Back on full strength feeds as of tonight.

No comments: