Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rough start but good day

Reagan slept well last night but when she woke up this morning, she was making some sounds and then all of a sudden just broke out into full blown tears!! I was just getting in from my walk, but I changed her and transferred her to her chair, where she seemed a lot more comfortable. I gave her a dose of oxycodone, but it didn't seem to much. She was still on edge (with the kooky laughs) after her nurse got here and eventually she gave her a dose of Ibuprofen. That seemed to finally settle her down. Around noon I noticed that the temp was only 85 degrees outside and it was overcast, so we decided to get Reagan into the pool! It did seem a little cool to me when we first got in, but once in, she really relaxed and seemed to be enjoying herself. Afterward, she dried off and spent some time in the swing. Eventually she was kicked out by her brother, but that was probably for the best, because when we took her out we noticed that one of the straps had been poking her in the leg and she was pretty red! She was so super sweet though and had a really great rest of the day. Tonight I tried holding her again, because she was so super sweaty (and has cold clammy hands/feet), but she started getting spitty/chokey so I had to put her back in her chair. She was dozing off without any sleep meds, so Mike took her up to bed and laid down with her. I'm not sure if she'll fall asleep on her own or not, but it's worth a shot! Hoping for more good days this week for my sweet girl!

1 comment:

The VW's said...

She looks so relaxed and adorable in her swing!

I read about her med port leaking a couple times in the past week. We used to have that frequently, until I got fed up with it one day, and desperately tried wrapping it with about 3 inches of electric tape. It keeps it closed great for us! Thought you should know, since I know how fun those formula leaks are!