Monday, May 26, 2014

Nausea?

Reagan FINALLY slept last night (thank God)!! And in her bed! I'm so glad my girl finally got some sleep! When she woke up, she was still stressed but smiling, but she was very nauseous. She's a little congested, so I'm not sure if it's the sinus drainage triggering it or what. I tried to suction her nose but I didn't get much. She continued to be pretty nauseous all morning (lots of gaggy faces and retching but no actual throw up). Then her speech therapist came at noon to calibrate the eye gaze device. Yes, we have another loaner. Don't get me started. The company majorly dropped the ball with Reagan's paperwork and it hasn't even been sent off to insurance yet (and it's been MONTHS)! Needless to say, I was pretty upset about this and the Tobii rep agreed to let us have another trial device, hopefully until we get her own. Reagan wasn't very cooperative but we were able to finally get it calibrated and she played "find Elmo" for a few minutes until she was clearly done (she let her therapist know by tapping her with her hand). She was still very spitty and nauseous. Reagan's nurse mentioned that the ENT she used to work for would use clonidine to help dry up secretions (and it can also help with nausea). So we gave it a try. Not sure if it worked or not, but she fell asleep and then continued to sleep the rest of the afternoon. She did wake briefly and didn't appear to show any sign of nausea but she was still very groggy and quickly fell back to sleep. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw her this nauseous. I don't like it. I'm not really sure what's going on with this last cycle, but everything is all out of sorts! It happened way too quickly, it lasted much longer, there were too many sleepless nights...it was just all around BAD. She's made so much good progress lately with her cycles, I'm just hoping we can get her back to her norm. 

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Saying a prayer for you all. I'm glad Reagan got some sleep! I know how much relief that brings to you (physically and mentally)when she gets to rest!! So hard watching her suffer... hoping she has a long stretch of good days!! Abigail was up most of last night retching... blah!