Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nausea and hives oh my!

Everything is still about the same over here (unfortunately)! Reagan is super nauseous and Ryan is still covered in hives. Ryan slept well thanks to the Benadryl, but Reagan was up dealing with the nausea (even with us switching her over pedialyte). She woke me up around 5am with a cough, by the time I jumped from bed and ran in there, she was already soaked in throw up! I had to change her clothes and then I tried giving her clonidine. It didn't do a thing. Finally an hour or so later, I tried Lortab. It made her sleepy, but her body was fighting her. It would NOT let her go GI sleep. She'd close her eyes for a few seconds and then pop back awake. At one point she even started fussing! I think she was just so frustrated! Poor girl! This morning she seemed a little better. Less agitated and less nauseous. Unfortunately it didn't last. This afternoon the nausea came back with a vengeance and we've been battling it all night tonight. Big throw ups! Big! I try draining her g tube but nothing comes out, then she throws up and tons comes up! Ugh! So frustrating!! Poor girl! I really hope this fades and she's able to sleep tonight! Ryan has been a handful unto himself! He's covered in itchy red welts! This morning his hands/knuckles were red and swollen, which had us a little worried! We took him into an after hours clinic that had a pediatrician and both he and our regular pediatrician think its an allergic reaction to something. Could be the antibiotics he was on, could be something he ate...who knows. It just does NOT look good. Poor boy. He's so itchy too! Thankfully the Benadryl really seems to help with the itching and helps him sleep! Too bad we can't give Reagan Benadryl! We've really got to get on top of this nausea as well as finding something to help her sleep! I'm so frustrated for my girl! Please continue to keep both kiddos in your prayers!

Yesterday



Today

1 comment:

FirePhoto23 said...

AREN'T THEY ON ANTIBIOTICS. IT COULD BE A REACTION TO THAT.MY SON THREW UP WHILE ON ONE ANTIBIOTIC AND BROKE OUT IN HIVES WITH ANOTHER.... HOPE THEY BOTH FEEL BETTER SOON...