Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New GJ tube and nausea

Reagan did not sleep well last night. She was very restless and at times sounded a little agitated. Daddy tried to get her back to sleep but she was really resisting it. I gave her Lortab and she eventually went back to sleep, but it didn't last long. I was definitely worried and didn't know what to expect this morning, but she woke up a sweetie! She was still a little easily excited, but overall good. She had OT this morning and did well with that. We had to cancel speech because she had her appt to get her GJ tube changed out. We got there right around 1 (the time of our appt) and then we waited and waited and waited! Finally at 2:40pm, they took us back. SO frustrating! It only takes them minutes to switch hers out, but they were running behind (an hour and a half is more than behind)! Reagan handled the wait much better than her brother! He got quite fussy in the waiting room! Everything went smoothly, but tonight she's experiencing some serious nausea! I don't know if it's because of the tube change, or maybe she's just fighting off bad days, I don't know. She was sitting up in her chair and out of nowhere she had a big throw up. I picked her up and held her for a while and then she had a big dirty diaper! After the night nurse got here, I decided to hook her g-tube up to a drain just to check her tummy. Tons of clear fluid came pouring out (no wonder she's nauseous)! Thankfully, no formula (so it shouldn't be related to the placement of her tube). Later on, she had another big throw up solidifying my decision to switch her over to pedialyte tonight. Poor girl. I don't think she's thown up since the cupcake she ate on her birthday!! I'm still not sure what to expect tomorrow. She's still very tense and a little jumpy, so I'm hoping she can settle down and get some sleep tonight. Please continue to keep her in your prayers!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hope a good night of sleep and her tummy is better this morning!