Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another horrible day

Reagan had a pretty rotten night last night, followed by another rotten day! She woke up last night around 3am crying. We had a night nurse, but I still got up and gave her a dose of Lortab. It didn't help much and I heard her crying again at 5am. I got up again and gave her some clonidine. I picked her up and immediately she settled down. The clonidine helped her to get a little more sleep, but when she woke up it was more of the same. It was that way all day long. Another horrible, miserable day for my girl. Lots of crying, alternating medicines trying to get her to settle down. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it did nothing. She did have two big dirty diapers this morning. Her nurse had her in the poop position and she went, and then I helped her and she went even more! Poor thing. That tummy gives her so much trouble. I'm not sure what this means for the formula dilemna. It would appear increasing it from 20 to 30kcal is not agreeing with her system (and we're only at 27.5 right now). We're going to hold on and see how she does over the next couple days/weeks. Maybe this is just a fluke, but I don't remember the last time she had three bad days in a row. And full on horrible bad days at that! I'm praying for a better day tomorrow. My poor girl sure needs some relief! And if you could please say some extra prayers for her little friend Hudson he's in the hospital and not doing well...

No comments: