Friday, February 8, 2013

Weird on edge day

Reagan slept well last night waking up right at 8am! She's had a weird sort of day today. For starters, she woke very serious, no smiles whatsoever, but still occasional crazy laughs. Her nurse went to brush her teeth and she freaked out and started crying! We managed to get her calm and then PT came and worked with her and all went well. You could tell she was still very much on edge, but she managed to keep calm. Then around 11:30, we headed over to the orthotic place for the second round of AFO fittings. I wasn't sure how she was going to handle it, but all went well (except for the fact that the AFOs still aren't right). She was getting a little irritated toward the end and I had to ask the orthotist to whisper...I think she thought I was nuts (but it really does help)! We made it home but she was quickly deteriorating and not 5min later she started with the crying! She cried for a while. Big cries, with lots of tears. I tried giving her half a dose of clonidine...nothing. I tried the other half and eventually she settled down and fell asleep. She didn't sleep long and although she woke very tense, she managed to keep from crying. She's been on edge ever since. I'm not sure what's going on! She's got cold clammy hands & feet. It's WAY too early for another bad streak!! (She had a bad day Monday!!) Please keep her in you prayers!!! She continues to battle this runny nose as well as her brother (he's losing though)! Ryan is a snotty teething mess!! Prayers for sleep and better days (and healthier kids) this weekend!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Not sure how I came across your blog, I think I saw it somewhere and was intrigued because I have a brand new neice named Reagan :)
Anyway, I have a special needs child, a beautiful 9 year old boy with SMA. I love your blog! You're so inspirational and have such a great attitude! Thanks for sharing. Jen from MN