Friday, January 4, 2013

Full on bad day

Reagan slept fairly well last night. Ryan did wake her up this morning at his usual 6am wake up time. You could tell she was already a little agitated...and then it escalated! It was a full on bad day today. I hate that. I feel like my girl just can't catch a break! She had a bad day last Friday as well! Too many bad days (and on edge days) and not nearly enough good days (I don't remember the last time she had a 100% good day). She was crying A LOT this morning..real tears. She'd doze off for short periods of time with the help of Ibuprofen, Lortab, and Clonidine...but nothing lasted very long. Our nurse had to leave early today so the agency said they had found someone to finish her shift. Then less than an hour before the switch, they call to say the other nurse can't make it! I was so mad, I could hardly stand it! So I decided to call our beyond sweet neighbors that have been offering to help for forever but I had never taken them up on it. Today was the day! They came right over and Uncle Johnny sat with Reagan while Jackie helped with Ryan! This was the first time they had actually seen a real bad day first hand. I think it was a little shocking to them. Johnny just sat with Reagan talking to her and rubbing on her shoulder and he actually got her to doze off a few times! So sweet! I'm sure they were wiped out when they left. Thankfully Mike was able to come home a little early to relieve them. Tonight Reagan was more moany/whiney. She must have yanked or knocked her tooth a little because her upper front right tooth was all bloody and loose (both of her top front teeth have been loose for months now, but still haven't come out). Tonight we tried a dose of the Toradol (super strength ibuprofen). It didn't seem to do much. The Morphine had to be special ordered so we won't have that til next week. I just hope she's able to sleep tonight. She so needs it! My sweet girl! She goes through so much! Please keep her in your prayers!



Snoozing (and snoring) on Daddy...like father, like daughter!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Do you know that the picture of Reagan with your neighbor nearly made me cry? How sweet is that? And really, I wish more people could see what Reagan endures during these bad cycles. No one, not even me, can imagine how terrible it is for her and for you, unless they have been part of it up close and personal.

I am so proud of you for asking for help.Taking people up on an offer like that. I know it is hard for you, but I am glad you did it and hope you will do it more often. The accepting help part.

My only prayer is that I wished you din't need to even ask. I wish her days, and in turn, yours, were not so utterly and completely difficult. Emotionally and physically.

I wis, I pray, that Reagan can catch that break and see better days.

Love and prayers to you all.

charity said...

i pray reagan can catch a break here soon and have more good days. i know its hard to ask for help but glad you did this time. so sweet pics