Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Good eye appt and new stroller

I think Reagan slept well last night. I don't remember hearing her and each time I looked at the monitor, she was asleep (her brother was pretty restless). She's been a good girl today. Again, not overly happy or smiley, just calm and content (hands and feet are back to normal). She had a yearly opthalmology appt today and it was a long one. Lots of waiting. Her eyes look great though (pressures, retina, optic nerve...all good) and she's lost her near sightedness, which is normal for her age (whoo hoo for normal). Her prescription changed quite a bit, so before heading home, we dropped her glasses off to get new lenses. She had OT right when we got back and I really like her new OT (reminds me of another OT we used to have which we loved). She did lots of stretching...in addition to the usual playing with toys most OTs do. Her PT canceled, so that was it for therapy today. Grandma headed home. We will miss her (hopefully she'll make it back sooner this time around)! We do have our house all decked out for Halloween thanks to her!! Still haven't gotten into our daily routine yet (with the appt today, it just wasn't the best time)...but I hope to go over everything with the nurse tomorrow and finally get Reagan on a schedule!!! I'm also hoping by tomorrow she'll be completely back to her normal self and maybe we could finally have our smiley girl back! In other news...I just ordered two strollers for her. We're only keeping one, but I had to order both so we could try them out and see which fits her best, since this is such a significant purchase (thank God for saved birthday money). She's completely outgrown her Maclaren Triumph that we got a couple years ago...her feet hang down and get caught in the wheels (not safe). I ordered the Maclaren Major and the Special Tomato EIO Pushchair (half the price of the Maclaren). Anyone local that wants to look at these in person, please contact me while we still have both of them (that is, once I get them)! I plan on posting a full review of each, once we get them and have a chance to look them over.  

4 comments:

T said...

I really like the Special Tomato EIO! ..Does Reagan not use her wheelchair much? :)

The VW's said...

We have the Special Tomato EIO, and really like it! The only thing I don't like is that it has a couple steps to fold it closed, which is a pain if it's cold or rainy outside! Hope Reagan has a good, long stretch of GREAT days! Hugs!

Reagan Leigh said...

We don't use Reagan's wheelchair when we're out and about at doctors appts... It's just so bulky and heavy to transport! An umbrella type stroller is just so much easier to use for short periods of time!!!

Clarissa said...

looking forward to the reviews since we will be on the lookout for a new stroller soon... Abigail has a BOB but she is getting so tall, her feet are starting to dangle in the wheel.