Friday, March 9, 2012

One week later

Reagan slept the whole night last night and then woke feeling much better this morning. Definitely an answer to prayers. She did take a couple of naps today, but when she was awake, she was content and smiling. Poor girl. She goes through so much. Yesterday I did email her special needs pediatrician who just so happened to be attending a palliative care conference. I told him of the issues we've been dealing with and he consulted with another doctor who happens to be world renowned in palliative care. His recommendation was treating her for pain. He thinks that her dysautonomic episodes are being set off by recurrent pain she's having. We are going in on Monday to talk with him about our options in treating this and trying to prevent the horrible bad streaks she's been dealing with. Please keep this in your prayers...the last time we treated her with an opioid pain medication (methadone) her doctor overdosed her!
Today marks one week since Ryan's birth. I haven't had much free time since he's attached to me 24/7, but I promise I'll try to be better about pictures. Today was really the first time we even attempted to introduce Ryan and Reagan...no pictures though. She didn't seem to mind him...even with his crying. I think the key is to convince her to be amused by his crying (like a squeaky toy or something) instead of getting upset by it. We'll see if that works. He is a feisty one. We're already seeing his temper flare up when he doesn't get what he wants! I had wanted to go into detail in this post about his delivery, but he is demanding my undivided attention right now, so I'll have to do that another day (although I want to write about it before I forget all the details). So for now I'll give you a pic from a week ago. I think he looks much bigger in these pictures...he looks so small to me in person.



2 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Well 8lbs 12 ounces is big my friend!!

You sounded good today.Even with Mr. Fussy screaming like mad. You are calmer than you think and you are absolutely stronger than you know. You really are.

Enjoy your dad and we will talk to you soon.

He still doesn't seem real to me!!!

jocalyn said...

he is BEAUTIFUL!!!