Thursday, March 1, 2012

And we're off...

Reagan went to bed last night around 11pm but then was back awake shortly after I went to bed at midnight. The night nurse picked her up and she eventually fell back to sleep around 2am and slept til 6am. When I woke up at 7am she was raring to go and she's been that way ever since. No naps. No sign of sleepiness. She was still a little sensitive this morning (to talking and music) but this afternoon she seems to have mellowed out a little (but you still have to take care not to overstimulate her). Her hands/feet are a little cool and clammy but I'm praying she'll fight off the bad days and not give anyone any trouble while we're gone. She's still a little rolly polly and she's been pretty precious and sweet today overall. Our plans for tonight...the hospital is supposed to call sometime in the near future to tell me when we're supposed to go in. I was told it would be sometime between 6-8pm tonight (assuming they have a bed). Reagan's nurse is staying here with her literally the entire time we're gone. She is the only other person that knows how to administer all of her medications/formula and she's not even going to get paid for this...she's just a great person and knows we have no other options!!! Grandma is coming in first thing in the morning (she has to work tonight) and she's going to stay here through Monday to help out (but even she doesn't know how to do meds). Tonight we have a neighbor coming over to assist Reagan's nurse (our sweet neighbor who raised all the money for the walkathon). It really is nice to have such caring neighbors!! As for me, I'm just trying to take one thing at a time. I've been running errands all day and I'm still not sure I have everything done. I am most nervous about leaving Reagan. I have NEVER been away from her for 24hrs since she was born!!! The only time I ever spent a night away was for our anniversary a few years ago and we didn't even leave until she had been given all of her medications, my mom watched her overnight, and then we were back early the next morning in time for her am meds!!! Don't get me wrong...I'm not one of these overly clingy moms. It's just that Reagan requires a lot of work and I'm the only one that has ever done it all!! But I know she's in good hands...I just hope she behaves herself!! Please keep us all in your prayers!!!

**Update** No beds available until now...8:30pm. We're headed to the hospital now...

1 comment:

Jamie - AZ said...

Just checking on you! :)
Praying for all of you! Hope you didn't have to wait too long for a bed!