Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sleep and a wheelchair

Reagan did sleep a little better last night. She fell asleep early (for her) and then slept til right around midnight. I was already in bed but she literally woke the second Mike laid down. He was a good husband though and got back up with her so I could get some extra sleep. He brought her into the living room where the two of them fell asleep. He finally came to bed and she slept the rest of the night in her chair. I woke around 6am because I thought I heard her moving over the monitor, but it must have been the dog because she was still out. She woke around 7:15am...still cranky but no crying. She's been that way all day. Very tense, lots of frowns, lots of moaning/fussing, but no real crying (not like yesterday anyway). She's been a little more sleepy today as well. She dozed several times throughout the day, one of which was in her new wheelchair! They FINALLY delivered her wheelchair. Of course there are still some unresolved issues. One has to do with our insurance. We were counting on this chair being processed through our insurance and counting as part of our deductible (before I have the baby). Well, apparently our insurance approval has expired and now they have to get our insurance to reapprove it! They went ahead and left the chair here (as a "loaner"), but that whole insurance issue is still unresolved. Another "problem" I have with the chair is the color. Now I know this seems petty (as Mike has told me many times) but the frame of the wheelchair is BLUE! It was supposed to be this sparkley purple color...granted the name is technically blue stardust...but the swatch totally looks purple and even the rep said it would be purple! I hate that my girl has a blue framed wheelchair that should technically last her 5yrs! Oh and her name that is written on the seat back (that was supposed to be in lavender) is pinkish! Again, I know it's petty, but come on! Other than those issues, we do like the chair for her. It is SO much more cushioned and comfortable than her previous chair (so much so, she fell right to sleep in it)...and better yet, it fits her! She had totally outgrown her other chair (and her stander). She's getting to be a big girl, I guess. I'm hoping she will start feeling better in the next couple days. I hate to see her so miserable...but I am glad that she's at least getting some rest. Tonight she fell asleep at 8pm... we'll just have to see how long that lasts. Hopefully we can all get some sleep tonight! Thank you for keeping her in your prayers!

3 comments:

Jamie - AZ said...

I can totally relate to the color blue for the princess. We had a similar issue & I threw a fit. I see it is we don't have a choice that our children need special equipment and it's still hard for me to to accept, the color thing is something that we do get to choose so they better get that part right! :) It's a perk to make it cute with the sparkles and pink/purple. Think of it this way, Cinderella loved blue. :) Hugs & prayers.

Zoey's Mom, Heather said...

The chair should be exactly like you want it for her. Not petty at all. The girl needs a chair that sparkles and shines just like her!

Hoping for sparkly days ahead for the sweet love and worrying about you and the rest you so desperately need right now. Praying that tonight sleep comes for one and all.

Love to you and anxiously awaiting baby Ryan. Still can't believe it ...

Heather said...

I totally understand you being disappointed about the color!! They use their chairs every single day and the color is such a big decision in our house!!

So glad your girl is getting much needed rest:-)