Monday, January 30, 2012

Turning a corner?

Reagan was up a lot again last night. She woke me up around 2am (and I noticed she had already gotten her arm restraint off). Mike laid down with her and managed to get her back to sleep but that only lasted til around 4am. I woke up and she was moving and thrashing around in her bed but she was still quiet, so I was hopeful she might go back to sleep. She didn't though, so just before 5am I decided to get up with her. I put her in her chair and covered her up with her weighted blanket and she was back out by 5:30am. I walked into my room and laid down in bed and literally the second I put my head on the pillow, I could hear her over the monitor moving around. So I got back up with her and we've been up ever since! She was still very serious and tense most of the day. We're still having to keep her arm restraint on because in the short amount of time she had it off today, she bit herself (not bad, but she still broke the skin). Overall, she's having less nonstop chorea but she's still having the short bursts of chorea where she can't stop moving. This morning she was laying on the floor and had a huge throw up. It came out of no where and it was mainly yellow bile. Poor thing! Other than that, she's had a pretty uneventful day. Tonight she seemed to have turned a corner. She was laughing (a little crazy but still laughing) and her hands and feet were finally normal temps for the first time in days. She fought sleep hard...even though she was up most of the night and didn't take any naps today! I'm not sure if she'll actually sleep tonight but we do have a night nurse for the first time in months, so at least we'll get some sleep! Thank you for your prayers for our little one. I think we're finally on the upswing of things!

No comments: