Friday, December 9, 2011

Not so bad day

It's been a weird day for Reagan. Last night was similar to the night before in that she didn't last long in her bed. Maybe an hour at the most. I picked her up and sat up with her for a bit and was able to get her back to sleep in her chair. I put a monitor right beside her and then I laid down in my bed to get some sleep. I woke up several times and got up to check her, but she was fast asleep. Finally around 5am or so she started moving around a little more, so I got up and laid on the sofa beside her. She stayed asleep and slept in til around 8:30am. To my surprise, she woke up fairly happy. She was actually pretty content all day with the occasional smile and laugh. We took her in to the pediatrician's office around noon to get cathed. She hadn't had a wet diaper since first thing in the morning....then as we sat in the office, she went. I thought we had ruined our chances at getting a clean specimen, but the nurse was able to cath her and get a few drops. She tested it in the office and it looked good. She was able to send the other drop or two off to get cultured (so I guess we'll find out about that next week). This afternoon she had OT, which she did great for, and she spent the rest of the afternoon just being precious. I thought maybe we were in the clear and headed for good days. Tonight, though, was another story! Right around the time that Mike got home, Reagan really started getting fussy. We had to put her arm restraint on to keep her from biting herself (she was even biting at my arm)! She cried for a while and then eventually calmed down just sitting in her chair. I'm not really sure what that was about, but I hope we don't see that again. I'm pretty exhausted. I'm not sure what tonight holds for us, but I sure hope it's sleep!

No comments: