Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dallas photoshoot

Yesterday we drove in to Dallas in order to surprise my mother with a family photoshoot this morning (she was bitter that we never took the family pic she wanted in the Bahamas). We've been planning it for weeks. Originally we were going to do it two weeks ago, but Reagan was having that horrible bad streak with the horrendous nausea...so we put it off. Then, last weekend my sister's hotel was completely booked solid and she couldn't get us a room...so we decided to do it this weekend. We knew Reagan wasn't going to be on her A game, but we didn't really have a choice as this was supposed to be a birthday present for my mom (whose birthday was Nov 30th) and now we were already to the last weekend before Christmas! Everything went better than expected with the drive yesterday, the traffic leaving Houston was horrible, but at least we didn't have any major meltdowns from Miss Reagan. She actually slept really well in the hotel last night. She didn't wake up til right around 6:45am, but she was back asleep by 7! I stayed up and she continued to sleep, waking off and on but staying pretty much asleep til 11:15am when we had to get her dressed to leave (I have a cute pic of her sleeping I'll post tomorrow). Let's just say, she did NOT wake happy! There was lots of crying and I was beginning to get a little worried. Once her clothes were on, Mike was able to pick her up and calm her down, and she was fine by the time we left. We got to the photography studio and my sister was waiting. Her boyfriend showed up 10min or so later with my mom, who was completely and totally shocked to see us sitting there! The portraits through this studio are gorgeous...and I'm sure they were able to get enough frames of us to cut and paste good shots of us into the final pic! Reagan didn't crack a smile, but she also didn't fuss or cry, so I don't think we could have asked for much more from her (not today anyway). We checked out of the hotel and then followed my mom back to her house in Denton. She's lived here now for over 2 yrs and this is the first time we've been to see her here (she always comes to see us). We went out to lunch and then came back to her house to relax. Reagan started getting fussy around 6pm and did give us a little bit of grief, thrashing around and having periods of screaming/crying. She's very tired, but so restless...I'm not sure how sleep will go tonight, but I sure hope it happens! Please continue to keep her in your prayers. Her body definitely wants to go into a full blown bad streak, but she seems to be fighting it off for now.

No comments: