Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bad streak or UTI...that is the question

Reagan was up a lot last night. She slept no more than an hour in her own bed, then I sat up with her. She was NOT happy. There were lots of tears! She dozed off for about 30min in my arms but the second I moved an inch, she was back awake... crying! Finally around 3:30am I put her in her chair and she calmed down and fell asleep. I laid on the sofa beside her. Every now and then she'd move around a bit, but she stayed asleep. She woke around 7:30am but she was in a much better mood. By better, I mean not crying/fussing. She was by no means happy or smiley today. We got laughs here and there, but they were crazy laughs (that always sounded like they could end in tears). She somehow made it through vision/OT, school, & PT, she wasn't that into it, but she suffered through. This afternoon she got a little fussy so we gave her some Tylenol (it seemed to help last night) and she calmed back down. I spoke to her pediatrician today...apparently her urine sample (that was taken as part of her routine EPI-743 bloodwork) showed something that might indicate a UTI. It wasn't a "clean" sample (we just bagged her), so they want us to bring her in tomorrow to get cathed. Oh joy. I don't think it has anything to do with how she's been lately, but who knows. I'd rather be safe than sorry...so we'll just take her in. I'm hoping maybe she'll get some sleep tonight, otherwise this is going to be one tired mommy tomorrow!! Please continue to keep her in your prayers!!

3 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

One tired and pregnant mommy. Just hoping she turns this around and if it is a UTI, an antibiotic will kick it to the curb.

Sorry Tera. It has been a rough patch for you and for her. You are all deserving a break. A big one.

Anonymous said...

Good thing, you and your husband will never complain about getting up in the middle of the night to tend to the new baby. I just don't know how you do it. Please take good care of yourself. CB

Clarissa said...

praying!