Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our girl is back!

Whew! Last night was another rough one. Reagan was not falling asleep and she was still SO restless. I tried giving her some diazepam but it didn't seem to do a thing for her. She wasn't dozing off even after the clonidine! Finally she fell asleep around 11:30 but I didn't get to bed til about 12:15. And guess who woke up at 12:30 !?!?! She was super upset, kicking and screaming nonstop...I thought I was going to lose my mind!!! My mom was finally able to get her to settle down a little and then Mike stayed up with her so that I could get some sleep. I got back up at 4am and then laid on the sofa beside her (wide awake and moving nonstop). She never went back to sleep last night but her mood wasn't that bad this morning. She was very gaggy and had a few really big throw ups (one traumatic one while she was laying on the floor after a diaper change and it came bubbling up out of her mouth). I stopped her feeds to let her tummy rest for a while. Finally around 10:30am she dozed off in her chair. Mike was able to put her in her bed, where she slept til about 2:30! That's the most consecutive sleep she's had in days! She woke up and was just as sweet and cute as can be. She's having a lot less chorea (still some, but less), her hands/feet aren't cold and clammy anymore, and she no longer has that dazed/zoned out sort of look on her face. I switched her feeds from formula to pedialyte for the rest of the day. She's still a little spitty (with gunk in her throat), but no more throw ups since. I'm hoping she's out of the woods now and headed for good days with sleep filled nights! Thank you for your continued prayers for our sweet girl!

3 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Thank goodness!!

Back from my run. NEED to catch up.

Love to you all.

Stacey said...

Sounds like Miss Reagan is giving Mommy a wonderful birthday present! I hope she continues to feel better and your birthday is as happy as it can be!! :)

Jamie - AZ said...

Prayers for all of you. Hope she sleeps and you do too! Hugs