Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Long day but we're here!

Reagan didn't sleep very well last night. She was up late again (after midnight) and then woke in the middle of the night fussing. I picked her up and she calmed down, so I put her in bed with us. She kept making grunting noises and seemed unsettled, but eventually she did fall back to sleep. I got up at 5:45am and we left the house at 6:30am. It's been a long day...lugging all of our stuff through the airport. Reagan was perfect on the plane. She sat in her chair and never made a peep. I picked her up (just to let her move around), but she probably would have sat there the entire time no problem. We arrived in San Jose around 11:30am. We almost forgot our carseat...again. When we went to the Bahamas and then again today, we picked up all of our checked luggage and then walked out to get on the rental car shuttle before realizing we didn't pick up the carseat. Both times Mike had to run in to get it. Needless to say, getting around airports with all of Reagan's stuff can be a very stressful thing. The weather here is great though and we can totally see why people love living here in CA. We checked into our hotel and Mike went about a mile away to meet with one of his customers (total fluke that I booked a hotel so close). Tonight (around 6:30) we headed out to go look around and we got stuck in some killer California traffic. We ended up eating dinner at a little mexican food restaurant in Palo Alto. It was packed, but the food was great and we had a nice time. Reagan was as good as gold too, so that always helps. We were kind of hoping that we could get her to go to bed a little earlier tonight (seeing as how we gained two hours going from central to pacific time...keep in mind my posts will be two hours later as well). She wasn't looking too tired but Mike laid down with her and she's starting to look a little sleepier. Hopefully we all get some rest tonight because it's been a looooong day and we have to be at the Heart Center for an Echo/EKG at 9am tomorrow morning.

No comments: