Friday, September 16, 2011

Twas the night before our trip

Oh my goodness...I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, trying to prepare for this trip. Here we are, less than 8hrs til we leave. I'm still a little worried I might forget something. Lots to take. Lots to forget. Hopefully we make it there with everything we need. Our flight leaves at 6:30am Sat morning and we've already gotten an email from the airline telling us that the airport is under construction and we should arrive 2+ hrs early...for a 6:30am flight!?!?! We'll be there by 4:30, but probably not a minute earlier. Reagan has been a bit of a crank today. Similar to yesterday, only maybe a little more fussy. She slept all night and then woke this morning none too happy. She doesn't want to be put down AT ALL (which makes diaper changing quite the ordeal). We're still not sure what to think about all of this. I'm hoping she's just having a very mild bad streak and we're going to miss the worst of it. Wouldn't it be great if by tomorrow she was already feeling better? I can wish, right. Well, hopefully she has some good days on our trip because this child has a resort wardrobe like no other. Grandma went a little crazy buying her 12+ bathing suits, 8 cover ups, and an entire collection of Gymboree outfits. At least one of us will be looking good on the beach. Me, on the other hand, I've gained about 14lbs (and I'm only 14 weeks pregnant) and I feel like I look like I'm about 7 months pregnant!!! Ugh. Definitely not the beach vacation that I had originally envisioned!! And what about MY mixed drink?!?!? Someone had better make me a virgin so I can at least pretend. We're also a little worried about the weather. My sister sent us a forecast for the upcoming week and it showed lots of showers. I sure hope that it's just the occasional shower and we do get some sunshine on our trip!! And poor Bear (our lab)...he's definitely going to miss us. Although, with our neighbor coming over to let him out multiple times a day, he'll probably get more attention than when we're home!! Please keep it in your prayers that Reagan has maximum number of good days while we're gone, that we make it through the airport with all our stuff and without killing each other, and that we have a safe trip and everyone stays healthy!!!!

PS...I'm going to try my best to continue my daily posts during our trip.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have fun on your trip and post lots of pictures of Reagan in all those cute swimsuits!!

Jamie said...

WOO HOO Vacation or BUST! Stay Positive Mama and I bet Reagan will love the beach! I used to have my Ginger Ale in wine glasses when I was pregnant..it kinda made my drink a little fancy. lol. ENJOY!