Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Squirmy worm

Reagan slept well again last night. She was actually still asleep at 9:30am when I went in to check on her pump (because it should have been running low on formula) and I found out that I never turned it on last night!!! So all night long she was fast asleep with no food!!! Ugh. I blame it on pregnancy brain. Anyway, all the commotion woke her up, but she woke with a smile and has been a sweetie again today. Very rolly and squirmy...she's like holding a worm, she's so wiggly. She had OT and speech today and she did great for both. Then afterward we went to pick up the helmet they made for her bad days. It kind of looks like a pink hockey mask. I'm not sure how well it will work (and I definitely think they're going to have to add a pad to the chin strap to keep it on and make it more comfortable), but we'll see. Definitely worth a try. Anything to keep her from biting a finger off! This afternoon she did that weird grunting thing again (like she did Sunday night). I'm still not sure what that's about. This time around she didn't get all red in the face and sweaty, but her breathing was clearly off and she was grunting over and over again. I'm clueless as to what's going on with that. She only did it for maybe 10 min or so and then she was fine. Weird. Tonight we had the new night nurse start. I spent a lot of time explaining things...a little exhausting to do in the middle of the night. It looks like Reagan is going to sleep well though so it may be a dull night for the nurse. Still no clue what she's going to do as far as good/bad days for our trip. She's going on a week of good days which is her usual max. I'm starting to stress a little bit now with only two more days left to pack and knowing that we have to be at the airport by 4:30am on Saturday. Not going to be fun. I'm sure the Bahamas will be worth it though...please keep up those prayers for good days!!

2 comments:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

2 more days!!! Oh my gosh. I can hardly believe it.

I have been sucking out in the friend department. I know.

I will get in the groove. This funk has been longer than I would have liked. Starbucks has helped. All except I went in yesterday and found out my favorite lady there had died unexpectedly. Was shocked. That was another low point of yesterday.

FaceTime tomorrow.???? Love to you all.

the Grandma said...

Ok, Miss Heather..... I happen to have a doctorate in Funkology! Whenever you feel an episode coming on.....email me! I have enough "Mommy experience" to quell the masses! I can guarantee my work.....plus I have a couple of references!! Two of the moodiest daughters in the world!!! lol!

It's almost Bahamas Time....YEA!

Love to my Princess Reagan.....I can hardly wait to see her!