Friday, July 15, 2011

Random act of nausea

Reagan had another good night's sleep last night. She woke up this morning smiling and has been smiling ever since! Everything seemed to be going perfectly all day...she played with her ipad and toys, she was super cuddly and sweet, she did well for speech and ate bananas...but shortly after her speech therapist left, things started getting strange. She fell asleep in her brown chair, but I thought she seemed a little pale. Her nurse noticed she was a little spitty, so she tried laying her on the floor on her side, then out of no where she started throwing up (in her sleep)!!! And she kept doing it. We changed her position and got her more upright, but it didn't seem to matter. She'd be fast asleep and then all of sudden, start throwing up again! Finally, I decided to try draining the bananas out of her stomach. I drained some of it out, but apparently there was residual left over because it kept coming back up! I have NO clue what happened. I don't think I've ever seen her this nauseous on a "good" day. Maybe those bananas just didn't sit well on her stomach (although she's never had a problem with bananas), maybe something was wrong with them, maybe she's coming down with something...I don't know!! I don't know what to think. Her nurse thinks it might be related to the fact that she's seriously overdue for a bowel movement. I don't know. I've never seen her get nauseous because of that. Who knows?!?!? After a couple hours of too much throwing up, I tried giving her a dose of Zofran (which doesn't work with her usual nausea but we thought if it was something different, it might help). It seemed to help a little. She went almost two hours without throwing up, but it's back again. I'm really getting worried! I hope this passes, she's able to get some rest tonight, and wakes up feeling 100% tomorrow! Poor girl, through it all she's kept a smile on her face! She's such a sweet heart! Please keep her in your prayers!

1 comment:

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Poor girl is right.Hoping the night was peaceful and that her tummy was able to rest.Prayers for that.

Sorry I wasn't able to connect with you.First my phone died.Hate it.Going tomorrow for a new one and second,Joe's appointment took forever and then,well life happened and the time difference made it difficult to call.Promise.Tomorrow.