Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Big, huge news

Reagan slept OK last night. Even with the clonidine, she was still up at 4am when I woke up. She fell back asleep and then I got up with her at 7am. She was all smiles again. Her feet were a little cold this morning and she has been a little over sensitive all day (startles easily and cried when the Wed nurse was talking to her), but she pulled through and had another good day today! I think our good days are numbered, but hopefully she can pull through with another good one tomorrow! So I've got two pieces of big news to share. HUGE pieces of news! The first...I'm pregnant! Yep! It came as a shock to me too (as we certainly weren't trying and may have never tried). I'm 7 1/2 weeks and already completely and totally nauseous (not having anything to do with the stomach flu we all had two weekends ago). Ah the joys of pregnancy! We're (obviously) very nervous, but excited at the idea of Reagan having a sibling to interact with. Normally I wouldn't reveal such news to the entire world (at only 7.5 weeks), but for obvious reasons we need lots and lots of prayers for this baby! Another piece of wonderful news I got today was that Reagan WILL be included in the EPI-743 study at Stanford. Unfortunately, they don't want to start Reagan in the study until Oct, which will put us having to do Reagan's last 13 week evaluation only 2 months before my scheduled due date. I'm hoping (because of our circumstances) they might consider letting her start a month or so earlier...but we'll just have to wait and see. We'll make it work. Period. I just want her in this study!!! So two big, huge pieces of news!!! Very exciting! Please say lots of prayers about both of these things! How great would it be if we could get Reagan feeling better before this baby is born! Imagine NO bad days!!! That would be awesome!!! Lots of prayers needed!!!

18 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations for all your good news. I follow Reagan's story regularly and I'm looking forward to more good days.

Makenzies Miracle said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

Jamie - AZ said...

WOW!!! What great news I am so happy for you I have tears. I will call you tomorrow! :) Prayers for ALL of you!
Hugs

Jamie said...

GASP! wonderfull wonderfull!!

Kristy McCall said...

YAY! & YAY!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on all your big news. We'll keep praying for all of you, sweet Reagan and your new baby especially. Wishing you a care & worry free pregnancy.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations on both pieces of news!!! That is so very exciting!!!

The Grandma said...

Imagine NO bad days? Not a problem! There WILL be NO more BAD days! It's a done deal! The Grandma is soooooo happy!
LET THE Shopping Commence!!!!

Shannon said...

WOW on both accounts! Congrats to you all - praying like crazy for everyone! I picture Reagan feeling great for baby brother or sister's arrival!

Debbie said...

Tara...so happy for you guys! Can't think of a family that deserves some great news, more than you guys....God has a timeline for everything, we must be patient so we can see all He has to reveal....
My prayers are with you, Reagan and baby #2!

Shonda said...

I'm so HAPPY on both pieces of good news. Reagan AKA big sister! I'm sure her being in the study is a huge relief. Congrats!!!!!

jocalyn said...

:)
oh, and i have a confession...i forwarded the text message picture you sent me of the pregnancy test to my husband...just to make him sweat! and he did! ha!
i will be living vicariously through you and your pregnancy!
soooooo happy for you!
and the news about the study is great too! good things ahead!

ashley said...

Congratulations on both fronts! Happy news gives such a spiritual boost.

Landon Michael said...

CONGRATS!! I am sooooo excited for you!!!! Extra prayers are coming your way!!!!!

Wendi Taylor said...

Congratulations! Many prayers going out for you & your new little one.

Jackson's Blog said...

You know I am excited about the new baby on the way! That is awesome news that Reagan will be in the study too!

DEVIN said...

Congratulations!!!! I wish u the best! It's hood to get fantastic news every once in a while:-)

Mel said...

Praise God Tera! so happy for you!