Thursday, July 7, 2011

The bad days begin...

Reagan fell asleep around 9pm last night on the floor of her therapy room and slept through til 7am!!! We were afraid to move her, so we just covered her up and put a monitor beside her. I couldn't believe it when I woke up around 3am and she was still asleep! She definitely needed it! She's been very fussy today. Still slightly sleepy, but when she's awake, she's moaning or crying! It's a yelling sort of cry too! She's biting and flailing...she is definitely not a happy camper! I guess we're in for several days of this now. On a good note, she's not missing any therapies because all of her therapists that usually come on Thurs/Fri are out of town right now. By the time everyone gets back and comes to see her next week, she should be back to her happy self again! I hate that she has to go through these bad days at all! She has the potential to be a happy girl (she's as good as gold on her good days), but every 4-7 days something makes her go crazy and become miserable! It just sucks! How I wish our girl could be happy all the time! I'm still hoping maybe she'll get into that Stanford study and see some dramatic improvement from this new experimental medication. I heard really promising results about a patient that had insomnia! Just getting Reagan to sleep on a regular basis, I'm sure would do wonders for her little body! Please keep all of this in your prayers! And keep it in your prayers that she has a short, mild bad streak this go round!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hope the rough days don't last very long. Reagan is just precious. I am sure you are right and that if her little body could get some regular sleep, it would help quite a bit.

Zoey's mom said...

Praying for Stanford and praying that this makes a quick turn around.will call in the morning.The day was INSANE!!!