Monday, July 18, 2011

Bad days and migraines

Reagan fell asleep last night on Mike's lap, we thought she was OUT, but she woke up the second he laid her down in bed. I sat up with her and when she fell back asleep, I put her in her brown chair and covered her with her weighted blanket and she slept the entire night (I slept on the sofa beside her). She slept like a rock, I, on the other hand, tossed and turned all night long! Unfortunately, the good night's sleep didn't seem to help and Reagan woke this morning with a vengence! She was NOT a happy camper (definitely bad day #1)! Lots of screaming and crying. She'd cry and cry and cry...and then fall asleep. The first couple times she fell alseep, she took good long naps, after that the naps got shorter and shorter. Tonight, while Mike stayed home with Reagan, Grandma and I went to a UMDF meeting that included Chuck Mohan the CEO of the UMDF and Dr. Bruce Cohen (probably the most well-known and respected mitochondrial doctor out there). It was a very interesting meeting. One specific thing that interested me was a question a parent had about migraines and symptoms of migraines in children that can't really tell you what's going on. I had a friend just recently ask me if we thought maybe Reagan was having migraines, because of the excruciating pain she seems to be in during her bad cycles as well as the nausea she experiences. The more I think about it, the more I think we need to investigate this. They mentioned a few vitamin supplements that are commonly used to help with migraines that we could potentially try first. I definitely think this is something we need to discuss with Reagan's doctors. Well, it's time for me to get Reagan's formula ready and hopefully get some sleep tonight (she's been out since we got home from the meeting). Please keep my miserable little one in your prayers! (and my sister, who is headed to the ER right now because she thinks she's having an allergic reaction to a new medication she's taking...ironically, for migraines!)

3 comments:

Jamie - AZ said...

Praying for your sweet princess to get some good rest and for you too! :)

Love and hugs.

Zoey's mom, Heather said...

Praying for you all.I'll call in the morning.

Heather said...

That is a very good question about the migraines. I hope you find some answers. You take such good care of your girl:-)