Sunday, June 19, 2011

Needing a break from bad days...

Reagan was up again most of the night. She only dozed off a couple of times, once for maybe 45min-1hr and another for maybe 15-20min, and that's it. Not enough, that's for sure. I sat up with her all night and then I slept for two hours this morning before Mike left for the airport. She's still very cranky today. Doesn't want to be held at all...just leave her in her chair and she's quiet. Problem is, she just gets SO sweaty! Her body gets so hot, but her poor little hands and feet are as cold as icicles!! I keep trying to pick her up to let her back cool off (or change her diaper) but each time she fights me like crazy and gets all upset. We thought she was over biting her right hand so we left it uncovered last night but today I've noticed a few new teeth marks around her knuckles, so I had to put the other restraint back on her! She's even scraping up her wrists from fighting against the arm restraints. We had to use her leg warmers on her arms to keep her from hurting herself anymore! Ugh...what are we going to do with this girl?!?! The propranolol doesn't seem to be working as well today...I guess maybe it's time to go up to the dose the doctor originally prescribed (I was afraid to give her the full dose to start off). Today she's back to a resting rate in the 130-140's. I just gave her a dose so we'll see if it drops any. I've heard her make a gagging noise several times today, but so far nothing has come up. And tonight her hands and feet are back to a normal temperature...I sure hope this means that we're almost done with the bad days because my girl sure needs some rest and a break from all of this!! Your continued prayers are appreciated...


Daddy's girl!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

praying! i so hate those bad days!