Thursday, June 23, 2011

Coming and going

Reagan had another good night's sleep last night. She fell asleep around 8:30pm during our walk and then continued to sleep the whole night. I kept thinking she was going to wake up and then be up for the night but as far as I could tell, she slept the whole night. She woke up this morning all smiles again and has been as good as gold all day! She had several therapies today...OT, Speech, & PT...and she did well for all of them. And afterward she even did an hour in the stander! She's been a busy girl today! Her heartrate was back up today. Yesterday I only gave her the propranolol once (in the am) because her heartrate was staying in the 80s-90s...although that was while she was napping. Today it's been in the 120s-130s (even while sleeping). We gave her a dose of propranolol and it never went down below 112. Tonight I gave her another dose and it went down to the high 90s-low 100s. It fluctuates a lot, so it's hard to get a good read on it (plus I don't know how well this stupid pulse ox is working). It makes me nervous because I want to give her enough to get it in the right range, but there's such a narrow window, I don't want to give her too much that it gets too low! After what happened with the methadone, I'm very leery when giving her anything! Someone mentioned on the blog how a high heartrate could actually be partially responsible for her not sleeping. Makes sense. Mike gets home late tonight (finally) from his business trip in Vegas/LA and tomorrow morning my Dad leaves. He was a great sport in coming to stay with us even though he had only been home one day from a long trip to Miami! It's been nice having him around. Since my Mom and Dad were divorced when I was little, I never spent a lot of time with my Dad. Now that he's retired, he's available to come stay with us whenever we need him. It's nice to get to spend this time together now. Bear is really going to miss my Dad. He takes him out for walks every morning when he gets back from running! Poor Bear. Grandma is coming in this weekend though, so both Reagan and Bear will get some more attention!




Reagan's a bit of a wiggle worm! She kept sliding down my Dad's lap!!

No comments: