Monday, August 2, 2010

Tough nights

Last night was a doozy. Reagan was so fussy and gaggy, not a good combination. She fell asleep around 10:30 (with the help of 1/2 pill clonidine), then she was awake again a little after midnight. I got up with her and watched some quality late night tv but she was not getting tired and she was progressively getting more fussy. Everyone in the house was up at some point. Grandma got up for a little while at the beginning and then went back to sleep until she heard more cries around 3am. Thank God for Grandma because Reagan was just not happy with me. She was better for Grandma and fell fast asleep in the rocking chair by 4am. Unfortunately she only slept til 7:30am but she did wake in a better mood...still a little on edge but definitely less gaggy and a little less fussy. Less fussy during the day that is...tonight she went crazy again. Lots of crying. We're all running on empty here. I'm not sure how much longer we can take this. Nonstop crying and no sleep for any of us. I don't know what is wrong with her...why is she so upset? When are things going to get better? Please say some extra prayers for our little one...we need her healthy ASAP.

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I hate this for you! It is so hard to function when you don't get enough sleep. I'm telling you, chloral hydrate is the only reason my Peanut sleeps at night, and it's the only reason I am sane!