Sunday, August 8, 2010

Out of control nausea

It's been another horrible day. Horrible. Reagan was up all night last night. She didn't sleep a single wink. I was up with her half of the time and the other half she was in our bed, kicking, squirming, gagging and whacking me in the face. It was a horrible night...and a horrible day followed. The chorea/movements have been out of control and she's been vomiting, retching and choking all day long. Seriously...this is the worst nausea I think we've ever seen out of her. It's unrelenting and painful to watch. I've been in tears all day. I just can't take this anymore. I feel totally and completely helpless. I can't do anything to help her. If we could only get her to go to sleep, at least she'd have some sort of relief from the constant movements and nausea. We've considered taking her into the ER (I actually even have our bags packed), but we were in patient for an entire month last year because of her nausea and there wasn't a single medication they gave her that helped in the least. I just don't know what to do. I'm losing it right now. Prayers are desperately needed. Prayers for sleep and a stop to this nausea.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

What a horrible situation for you and Reagan. I'm so sorry it hasn't gotten better for her. I'm praying!

jocalyn said...

Crap.

I'd say sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning, but since you won't be getting any sleep, you might as well go in, I wish there was something I could do to help. You have to get some rest.

Praying. Keep us posted...

Skye is the Limit! said...

we are having puking issues as well.
may need another intestinal surgery. ugh, life cant ever stop for some of us huh?

Heather said...

I am so,so sorry.I wish I had advice.I think,with Mike heading out his week,you should at least get her back to the Ped.Maybe Zofran every six hours?I know that you tried it during that hospital stint but maybe it is worth another try.Can't hurt.

Hoping you guys got some sleep and Reagan got a reprieve from all this.so not fair.Will call in the morning.Prayers in great abundance tonight friend.