Friday, August 6, 2010

Not a sleeper

Reagan, Reagan. She was a turkey again last night. She didn't go down until after midnight and then was up from 2-3 and 5-7! What are we going to do with this child? She's never been much of a sleeper. Thankfully she was in a good mood both times...she and I had some time to catch up on some of my DVRed shows. During the day today she seemed to be in good spirits. She had PT, the teacher, and OT all come today...and Reagan tolerated all of it fairly well. Tonight was another story though. She's been very whiny all night...ranging from fussing to full out crying. And now that I think about it, she's been doing this for the last I don't know how many nights. It's another one of those frustrating times where you just wish she could give you some sort of hint as to what is bothering her. If I had to guess tonight, it would be exhaustion. From the time the fussing started, the yawns were going full force. I've never seen someone yawn so much and not fall asleep. Her little eyes were all red and puffy, you could just tell she was beyond tired. Finally I gave her some clonidine...I'm not crazy about this med because it seems that when we give it to her, it knocks her out but doesn't keep her asleep for more than a couple hours...but I really had no other choice. She just could not fall asleep on her own. So frustrating to watch. Please continue to keep her in your prayers...I'm still waiting on those good days (and good nights)...

No comments: