Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Licking

Reagan was a little resistant to sleep again last night. We gave her some clonidine which helped and she fell asleep but as soon as we laid her down she woke right back up. So we sat up with her for a while longer and she fell back to sleep. Again when we laid her down she woke back up. Mike laid in bed with her for a little while but she was just not falling back to sleep. So finally he went to bed and I listened to the monitor for her (ready to get up again at any moment) but I guess she finally fell back to sleep because I never heard another peep out of her. Yeah...I think a sleep study is probably in order. Today Reagan's been in a pretty good mood. I don't think I've seen a gaggy face all day, so that's great. She even had PT at the house and tolerated it well. While the chorea was toned down a little today, she started up with another obsessive behavior...licking her hands. Her little tongue was poking out of her mouth and she would rub her hands across it over and over...made for some stinky hands. I didn't really care though, I was just happy to see her not gagging with something near her mouth. My dad came in this afternoon to help out while Mike is gone. Below is a picture I took just as Reagan was dozing off tonight (but woke back up, of course)...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Licking is definitely better then gagging,that is for sure!

So glad you have an extra set of hands and more importantly,some company.Enjoy your time with your day!

blogzilly said...

Sounds like a fairly good day, yeah? DO you feel like they are starting to string together yet or do you still feel hit and miss as far as qty of good days in a row?