Thursday, August 5, 2010

Healthy days needed

Last night was a good night. Reagan was giggling up a storm when Mike got home (just in response to hearing his voice), it's good to see her loving her Daddy again. I was a little worried because only moments after laying her down last night, she was back awake. Thankfully she didn't fuss and even though she had a hard time staying asleep, I think she finally dozed off and slept the whole night through. Today she's had moments of being completely content and then moments of being fussy, stressed out and tense. She's also taken a couple naps which is way out of character for her (but appreciated when she's fussing). I'm hoping the antibiotic she started yesterday will kick whatever sickness she's been fighting so she can settle down and get back to her happy, healthy self. It's so frustrating...it seems like we're back to the point where we just can't get her to stay healthy for more than a couple days. We need more than a few good days in a row. I spoke to her mitochondrial doctor this week (emailed) and let her know of my frustration. She wants to see Reagan sooner than her scheduled December appt. They moved her up to Aug 31st, so I'm hoping we can come up with some sort of game plan to get Reagan on the right track. Prayers are certainly appreciated.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Geez...she is sick again?
Poor girl, poor you...
definitely will be praying for a streak of added stress.

Thanks to you and Reagan's grandma for the words of support.
I have heard that song, and cried a river listening to the lyrics...beautiful!

What a journey we are on...

praying you have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

crud...sorry...

I forgot a NO before the added stress...
Praying for NO added stress!

:) guess I should proof-read!

blogzilly said...

Yeah, I'd love to read one of your posts and see it say 'This week went really well'. A string of days altogether like that for you guys would be awesome.

Skye is the Limit! said...

We havent been having good nights either. I know theyare for different reasons but PLEASE if you need to talk let me know!!

kaylamessineo@yahoo.com
www.teamskyesthelimit.com