Thursday, July 29, 2010

Something brewing

Reagan was difficult to get to sleep last night...but when she fell asleep (on her own without meds)...she stayed asleep (thank God)! She woke up this morning in a decent mood. No crying, just lots of movements and very feisty. Lots of chorea...kicking her legs and clawing at her arms. She bit the inside of her cheek while on her tummy (it was bleeding) and then she bit her thumb a couple times too. It's like once she finds it, you just can't keep it out of her mouth! During feeding therapy she wasn't too interested in the applesauce but it was worth the try. Then this afternoon we noticed she felt a little hot and she was running a 100 degree fever. I definitely think she's got something brewing. We always see an increase in fussiness and chorea when she gets sick. I just hope she can clear it and get over whatever it is quickly. Tonight she threw up and then started crying right around bedtime...I caved and gave her the clonidine. Within 15min she was out. Hopefully she'll stay out because the last time we used it she only slept 2hrs. Continued prayers for our little feisty one are definitely appreciated!

2 comments:

Skye is the Limit! said...

praying praying praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your little girl!! I sent an email to you at your yahoo address shown on your blog today. I'm going to start a blog this week. I usually view the Fragile X webring but came across your blog and I was so touched by it. You're little girl is such a fighter!! My son was diagnosed with Fragile X Syndrome ( genetic disorder that is the most common inherited form of intellectual impairment). My journey begins....but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Heather