Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Miserable

In the last 24hrs Reagan has been quite the challenge. Last night she slept from 9:30-11:30pm (thanks to clonidine) but then woke screaming crying once again. I got up with her but there was just no soothing her. Finally around 1am she settled down as we watched antiques roadshow. By 2am she was asleep. She woke 4hrs later and has been up ever since...thank goodness our nurse was here today. Reagan didn't cry most of the day but was very tense (so much so her little legs would shake) and having lots of chorea. She was sleepy all day (but wouldn't sleep). Both her vision therapist and her teacher came today but she was not that interested. Then this afternoon she had one little outburst of crying for our nurse and then after she left the crying picked back up. Loud bursts of yelling crying...she was definitely in pain. She's had a little gas, but I can't imagine it's enough to make her this upset. I honestly don't know what's wrong with her. Is she getting sick? What could possibly make her this miserable? When she's miserable, we're miserable. Please keep her in your prayers...we all need them right now.

5 comments:

teri said...

just read your post for today ... and I can't imagine where her pain is coming from... I am believing with you that God and the healing power of the Lord will work in her...
I'm wanting you to know that you and Reagan are in my prayers ...

Heather said...

Not nearly as important as the way your day went but ... I LOVE Antique Roadshow.You should see me,I see the price and unless the item is truly sentimental,I say .."SELL IT NOW"!

Now to Reagan.Only wish I has some idea,anything,as to what is bugging her.It is in these moments that the lack of communication is the most frustrating and scary.

Praying for a better night.

Missy said...

Sending prayers your way. I'm still trying to find my "moment"... will let you know if it happens.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear how things went today and last night. Reagan is always in my prayers. Sounds like everybody there needs many many good days and some good rest.

Have you considered her bowels? Our daughter Tatum can't handle gas pains and when she gets backed up and gassy she cries and cries until we figured out she wasn't voiding completly. Even though she was "going" it just wasn't as much as she should due to low tone. We went back to miralax and plum juice and it has helped so
much! Now she is regular and much happier. Our GI had us do a clean out with a combo of miralax and milk of magnesia first and then we were in business. Not fun- but it sure did the job! :) Just a thought...
Blessings
Jamie-AZ

blogzilly said...

Bennett (my son) screeches/cries but no tears a lot. Frustrated screaming. It'd mind-boggling also since we can't figure out they why. I think a lot of it boils down to communication. They want to tell us what is wrong, they can't, and they get upset.

Not saying that's the ONLY issue...but it is one of many that makes things so very, very hard.