Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Another new gj-tube and prayer request

I woke up at 5am to take my mom to the airport and Reagan woke shortly after I got home (I think she can sense me trying to fall asleep). So much for catching some extra sleep! Reagan has been in a great mood today, so I can't really complain. Very smiley and cuddly. She was an absolute angel when we took her in to get her gj-tube changed out. Good riddance to that leaky tube. This time they let me go back with her...usually they do it in an operating room and I'm not allowed in. This time they did it in a regular x-ray room (not sure why). Reagan was so good. They were holding her arms and legs down, which I'm sure wasn't too comfortable, but she didn't make a peep. Such a good girl. The new tube did seem to move around more than previous ones but I'm hoping that was just due to the lubricant they used to insert it. The only little mishap we had was almost 6hrs later when Reagan threw up the contrast they had put through the g-button to make sure it was positioned correctly in her stomach. Not sure why it was still in there 6hrs later, but Reagan took care of it. So we've been waiting for days for a dirty diaper and finally tonight we got what we were waiting for...although a little more liquidy than I would have liked. I'm just glad she finally went. Today was 6 days without going. We really need to figure out something to get her going on a regular basis. We've tried just about everything and nothing has worked well with her. On another note...I would like to ask everyone to say a special prayer tomorrow (Wed) for little Luke. He's the son of our friends that lead our Bible study group. He has a minor heart defect that they were hoping would close on it's own but hasn't and now he's having heart surgery tomorrow to repair it. Their first child, Josi, was born with a major heart defect that had to be repaired right after birth...so this family has already been through a lot and has unbelievable faith. Please keep them in your prayers!

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I will be thinking of Luke tomorrow and hope that all goes well for him.

I'm glad Reagan did good with the tube change!