Friday, June 25, 2010

WaterWayBabies

I gave Reagan the clonidine again last night and thankfully it worked! She slept through til 10am! I hate having to give her something to help her sleep (God knows she's already on enough medications). But at the same time, she really needs her sleep!! It's a dilemma. She's been in another great mood today. A little spitty but lots of smiles. We tried something new today. I ordered a WaterWayBabies System. I know of several families that already have it, and I had been thinking about getting one for quite sometime. It consists of a floatie that fits around the child's neck to keep their head out of the water and a little "pool" that they can float in. My biggest concern was that Reagan would be too big (tall) to use the little pool...but it actually worked fairly well for her. I wouldn't say she LOVED it, but she seemed very content in it. She was a little stiff but still managed to move around the pool and pivote her body around the floatie. It had to be a strange sensation for her...completely free to move around without anyone or anything holding her. She was in it for over 20 min and finally we took her out because she needed a bath and we didn't want her to prune up too much. I have video but I'll have to edit it before I can post it (it's 20min long). Instead you'll have to settle for a couple pics...


7 comments:

Junior said...

I am visiting your blog via Heather and Zoeys blog. Reagan is beautiful and has such a wonderful smile.

That waterbabies pool is so neat I sure wish my little guy would fit it.

Gerry said...

Looks like she enjoyed that. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Sarah said...

Mira uses the same neck ring during her aqua therapy at school and LOVES it (she adores swimming in general). I hope Reagan continues to enjoy hers too.

Caroline said...

brilliant! we have the neck thing but not the indoor pool, though fortunately we have access to a hydrotherapy pool 5 mins from us.
reagan is looking even more beautiful!
Xxx

Jamie said...

I just looked that thing up its so cool!! Ok so does she mind that its around her neck? I wonder if madie would freak....she is super sensitive to that whole constriction thing...let me know how it works out!

Dawson said...

Thats a very cool thing to have!! and you are right, how amazing that must feel for her.. Hopefully she continues to like it..

She is beautiful!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

We just got one of those this weekend at the Microcephaly Convention! Like Reagan, my Peanut didn't immediately love it, but she certainly didn't hate it. She is too big for the green pool, but we will use it a lot in friends pools for sure this summer! :)