Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Walker and more weird eye movements

We finally got some sleep last night. Reagan woke this morning around 8:15am smiling and she's been in a great mood ever since. Very sweet. Still "talking" all throughout the day. The one thing I've noticed that she's not doing any more...rolling. She's still moving her legs around a lot, but she's not turning onto her side anymore. It's actually been almost a week since I've seen her do it. Not sure why she stopped. I just hope she picks it back up again...we were so excited to see her actually moving! We were nurseless again today. It really wasn't a big deal because she was so good and we didn't have anywhere to go anyway. She had PT this afternoon, but it's here at home, which was a good thing because it was storming outside. We're demoing a Kidwalk walker so her PT put her in it for a while. It's a neat walker, although I'm not sure if she's ready for that right now. At one time (a year or two ago) Reagan was taking steps in a walker at therapy...now, not so much. Part of the problem is her PT is putting her in the walker in her AFOs and heavy shoes. I think she needs to be in it barefooted so she can actually feel the floor and the movement with her feet. We'll have to see how she does in it. I'm not sure how long we'll get to keep it, but we should take advantage of it while it's here. So not a lot going on today. Reagan doesn't sound as congested today. She's been very spitty, keeping her tongue out and almost biting on it. Makes me nervous. Tonight Reagan was laying on Mike and I looked over at her and she was doing the weird eye movements again. Staring off into space with this scary wide eyed look that you can't snap her out of. I don't like these episodes...they look seizureish to me. Please continue to keep our little one in your prayers...
*Thanks to Holly for the new header!*

4 comments:

Heather said...

The header is darling... who is Holly cuz I feel like I need a blog makeover and don't know who to go to.

Missed several calls from you today.Sorry.Zoey was having potty issues all day.Seemed like everytime you called i was dealing with that.And Joe... major ear infection and possible pneumonia has kept us on our toes.Sorry.Swimming in the morning.I'll call after.Around 11:30 our time?

Love to you and praying those weird movements away.

Missy said...

I love the blog makeover... I so need one, but have NO idea where to even start!

Jamie said...

Madies PT wants to get madie in a walker but we need to get more arm power and Madie using her arms to push more! ahh! Madie also did the same with sitting..for a bit she could and the stopped and now well..she does it all the time!I blamed stinkin spasms ans steroid meds.. but who knows. She does things when I least expect! I also dont have to tell you blog makeover is sweet :) I think Ive tried every background there is! lol

jocalyn said...

love the new look :)
we used the kidwalk without shoes or afos, because our pt told us to...but it also lead to us getting new afo's with hinges. we pick them up on friday and will try the kid walk with the new ones on. i say take those shoes off and let her feel the floor. when kendall ihas her afo's on she rarely bends her knees. hopefully with the new ones she will?!