Saturday, June 5, 2010

Up all night, sleep all day

I don't know what we're going to do with this girl. Last night Reagan was back to no sleep again. At midnight she was still wide awake so I gave her the higher dose of the trazodone that her neurologist recommended last week. I was exhausted so I went to bed and Mike stayed up with her waiting for her to fall asleep. Mike said she had a weird response to the medication. She seemed to be having breathing problems and she'd kind of gasp for breath. I didn't hear about this til morning but I think from now on we'll stay away from that medication. That's scary! Mike was up til almost 4am with Reagan and she never fell asleep...finally he just laid her in her bed. Then I heard her coughing around 5am, I jumped up and rolled her on her side and she threw up. Poor thing. I got up with her and held her and about 45 min later she fell asleep. And she slept. And slept. She woke up a few times but always fell back to sleep. I felt bad for our nurse, who's only here one Saturday a month and Reagan slept most of the day! She finally woke up around 1:45pm. She was still very gaggy. She was only up a couple of hours when she started looking groggy again. Next thing we know, she's back asleep. And that's what she continues to do. I'm hoping she'll just sleep through the night and wake up feeling better. We have GOT to get her healthy and back to a regular sleeping schedule! Please say some extra prayers for her!

No comments: