Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nursing shuffle

Reagan has been such a good girl again today. She slept through the night again last night and has been sweet all day. We had a new nurse start today. She will work Tues/Thurs/Sat. I don't know how she's going to work out. I think she might be a little too old to have to get up and down off the floor all day with Reagan. I guess we're just going to see how it works out. The first few weeks usually consist of me babysitting the nurse to see if I even trust her and often times it's more trouble than it's worth. I'm still considering changing nursing agencies when our favorite nurse leaves us (July 10th is her last day...so sad). The agency we're with right now has done a horrible job in staffing and I'm afraid once our fav nurse leaves we'll be without someone MWF, which is totally unacceptable. Honestly, unless we find someone like our fav nurse, we'll probably be going elsewhere. I just don't want to settle. This is my precious baby we are talking about...I want the best! Today was Reagan's first day of ESY (extended school year). It was supposed to be last week, but she was sick. Today the teacher, PT, OT and supervisor all came out. It was complete and utter chaos! WAY too many people. Reagan was surprisingly well behaved and patient with it all. Then an hour later her real PT came over. She worked on sitting, walking in the walker, and then standing in the stander. She should certainly sleep well tonight! The low grade fever is still hanging around, as well as the clammy hands and feet. I'm still not sure about the dental work next week. I've got a call in to the pediatrician, hopefully she'll give me some guidance on that. I know it needs to be done, but I still don't want to do it. Please continue to keep all of this in your prayers...

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I've read your blog for a long time but I don't think I've ever commented. :) I hope the nursing settles itself. I hate trying to find new nurses. It seems like we go through SO many to find one decent one. Good luck!