Saturday, June 26, 2010

Neurologic Quirk

So last night I tried to forgo the clonidine but Reagan was not having it. I put her in bed hoping she would just fall asleep but it never happened. Finally I decided to just give her the clonidine. She woke fussing at 2:30am due to a huge dirty/wet diaper. I didn't mind...we had been waiting for both. Lately the fruiteze just does not seem to be cutting it and the periactin we gave her for nausea (which worked like a charm) also makes her withhold her urine. Thankfully she went right back to sleep and slept through til 8am (when the nurse rang the doorbell and the dog barked and woke her up). She was a good girl most of the day. She was well behaved for the nurse and I was able to get some much needed house work done. She just wasn't the happy sweet girl we're used to. She was tense...and easily startled. Then this afternoon things got worse. She started doing this weird squealing thing, at first we thought it was a happy squeal, but it wasn't. It was more like she was in pain. She did this for a while. At first I thought it was tummy related but now I'm thining it was more of a neurologic quirk. We also noticed her doing a few of the head twitches and she was even acting a little gaggy (and kept sticking her tongue out). It was all very strange. Finally she calmed down a little with me holding her and then eventually settled down altogether. She was still tense tonight when she fell asleep in my arms (without clonidine), so I sure hope she's able to sleep tonight. I don't know if she's coming down with something or what. Please keep her in your prayers!

1 comment:

Junior said...

Praying that Reagan isn't getting sick. Junior does the same thing when he isn't feeling well. will get super jumpy and startle at everything.