Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's go time

Reagan was a turkey last night. No sleep whatsoever. She was good, she just laid there in her bed moving around and making the occasional noise, but no sleep. Finally around 6am I put her in our bed. She was very restless, her arms kept flying up in the air, but finally she started settling down. By 7am she was finally fast asleep. Poor thing. I just don't know how she does it. Up all day long (a busy day at that), not even the slightest nap, and then up all night long!?!? It's crazy! She slept from 7am this morning til 3pm this afternoon (and that's with us finally waking her up)! At least she did finally get some sleep...although this doesn't bode well for sleep tonight. She slept through vision therapy (for the second week in a row) but we did wake her up at 3 and take her in to the pediatrician's office. She said Reagan's throat looks way better than last week but that her ears actually looked a little worse. She went ahead and gave her a shot of antibiotic (Rocephin) to clear up anything that might be brewing and she gave the OK for dental work next week. I was really hoping she'd want to wait but she said she thinks as long as Reagan stays healthy between now and then (Tuesday), she'll be good to go. I know it needs to be done (we've already put it off twice) but I'm definitely not looking forward to it. Lots of prayers needed in that area. Reagan has been such a doll today. For starters, she woke with a smile on her face (which normally does NOT happen). During her appt she was really hamming it up for the pediatrician, huge smiles and laughs...I don't know if the pediatrician has ever seen her so engaging. She's such a little turkey. She's driving me crazy with those hands. She's got them up in her face at all times. Feeling her face, licking her hands, licking her arms...everything smells like spit! Not to mention she's clawing at her neck and arms with those little fingernails! I'm constantly worried that she's going to bite one of her fingers again. Oh that did not go well. Hopefully we can all get some sleep tonight. I'm seriously thinking about giving the neurontin a try. We've just GOT to find something to help her sleep!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I cannot believe she slept all day!!But then again,when you are up all night it figures.My question is this ... did you sleep too?I sure hope so.

Praying for healthy days between now and Tuesday.Time to get those precious teeth taken care of!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I hope that you napped while she was napping! These little ones who decide they don't need to sleep are sure hard on us parents, aren't they.

And then they smile and are so dang cute and you can't help but forgive all those sleepless nights. :)

My Peanut takes Neurontin, for stomach issues. I hope it helps Reagan get some sleep!