Thursday, June 24, 2010

Clonidine to the rescue

I admit I was scared to try the neurontin last night. I didn't want to give Reagan a new medicine and then just lay her in bed, unmonitored. But it was so late and I was so exhausted! So instead I gave her some clonidine (3/4 pill). The last time we tried that she slept 2hrs and then was up. Last night it actually worked. I gave it to her around 11:30pm (she was still WIDE awake) and she fell asleep pretty quickly. And then she slept peacefully the entire night!!! It was awesome! I'm so glad I tried the clonidine because I know if I wouldn't have given her something she would have been up the entire night (again). She's still running the low grade fever and has cold clammy hands and feet. I have no clue what that's about. I guess all we can do is watch her and see how she's feeling next week. If she's healthy, we'll do the dental work, if not, we won't. Please keep this in your prayers. I'm still not sure what we're supposed to do. She's been in another GREAT mood today. Very smiley and happy. She had PT at home this morning and then feeding therapy this afternoon. She did great with both. Today her feeding therapist got to see the crazy hand to mouth behavior! Seriously, she's had those hands up in her face, on her mouth, in her hair, and pulling on her shirt all day long! I don't know if it's a good thing and she's just exploring her hands (since she finally "found" them) or if it's a not so good obsessive/neurological thing. I guess time will tell. Hopefully it's good...but right now it's driving me crazy! She smells like spit! I'm not a fan. I was hoping Reagan would wind down and go to sleep without the clonidine tonight but right now she's still going strong. I'm not sure if it will work two days in a row. We might have to find out...

1 comment:

Skye is the Limit! said...

I was having the same issue with a different drug, new one, for skye tonight. decided against giving it to her and putting her to sleep but wish i did try it. theres always tomorrow!
glad she got an awesome nights rest <3