Saturday, May 29, 2010

Streak ended

To our dismay, today Reagan's streak of good days ended. She's had weeks of consecutive good days and POW! it all ended today. I have to say I saw it coming. It all started with the clammy hands and feet. And the last two nights she's just been off. Then this morning she was still a little off. Very tense, lots of crazy laughter, and very sensitive to anyone interacting with her. And while my mom and I were out shopping (and Reagan home with Daddy), she bit her thumb. Well that was it. That set off the tears that lasted the rest of the day and into the night. And although I could see teeth marks on both sides of her little red thumb, it's more than that, somthing was already in the making and that just set her off. She was completely miserable. I tried tylenol...nothing. So tonight I whipped out the trazodone...if ever there was a time we needed a sleep aid tonight was the night. I gave her the low dose her neurologist told us to start off with 1/4 50mg pill (he doesn't have a lot of experience with this specific medication so he was being cautious). Nothing. Not surprising since Reagan usually takes higher doses on most medications. Two hours later I gave her another 1/4 tablet and about 5min later she calmed down and stopped crying. The tension came out of her body but no sleep. We put her in her bed hoping she would soon fall asleep and she's just laying there moving her arms around. What do we do with this girl? I keep hoping she's going to wind down and fall asleep...please fall asleep....and sleep through the night. We all really need a break from the crying. Please keep her in your prayers. We have no clue what's wrong and no idea how to help her, all we can do is put this in His hands and ask that He help our little one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Reagan to feel better and rest all night.
Jamie-AZ

Heather said...

I think I should stop leaving comments and stick to calling ... seems like when I rejoice in the streak of good days then ... this.

Praying for a peaceful night for all.

Debbie said...

If it makes you feel any better, Hudson had several hours of unexplainable crying tonight too...I gave him Motrin but it did nothing, altho he seemed to get jags of discomfort and seemed very tense. After a bath and jammies I gave up and just held him and layed on my bed with him and by 9 the ringing of his cry had stopped! The peace is nice, huh? Thankfully my boy is fast asleep...will say a little prayer Reagan will soon be too!