Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rough night, sweet girl

Reagan fell asleep last night at midnight and then woke back up at 1am! Yep, that's right, one hour of sleep...all night long! When she woke up she was very cranky but who can blame her. Finally about an hour or so later she settled down and I finally saw a glimpse of my sweet baby girl again. I sat up with her til 4am and then I tried laying her down in her bed. She was not at all sleepy and she just laid there moving around. I fell asleep and woke at 7am and she was still wide awake. I put her in our bed but the girl was just not tired in the least. I can't believe she went all night with only one hour of sleep...especially considering the complete lack of sleep she's gotten the last few days. What do we do with this girl!?!? She's been wide awake and going strong all day today. And very sweet and giggly. Back to her happy sweet self. Maybe it was the 4 dirty diapers yesterday...I can imagine that wasn't helping matters. But no sign of sleepiness today...that is until tonight. Around 7pmish she started looking groggy and by 7:45pm she was out. Finally...alseep without the help of medication. Hopefully she stays that way. I'm not holding my breath and I plan on hitting the sheets ASAP. I did speak with her neurologist again today about other possible meds we can try to get her to sleep. Obviously she wasn't responding to this dose of clonidine (1/2 pill). His suggestion was to try 3/4 of a pill tonight (but if she doesn't need it, I don't want to use it). If that didn't work he was told by the docs in the sleep clinic to try trazodone. He was a little leery about that one because he's never prescribed it before in kids Reagan's age, but I know of several kids that have successfully used it to sleep so I think it might be a good one to try if and when we need to. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, that she's finally fought off whatever it was keeping her awake and upset and that we see a lot more of our sweet happy girl from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just getting back from vacation and catching up on Reagan. So sorry she is having such a hard time with sleeping and all the crying must be so horrible for all of you! My heart goes out to you because sleep depervation on top of non stop crying is the worst! As I read I cant help but think about her bowles. I know she has a tube, but does her formula have a milk base or soy or even contain glutin? Just a thought? Could Reagan be having reflux? Just thinking out loud. I'm sure you have already thought about these things. In the mean time we are continuing our prayers for Reagan and for you! Hang in there!!
Jamie
Chandler AZ