Monday, April 12, 2010

More good days

Reagan slept well again last night and woke up this morning in a great mood. Her nurse was a few minutes late...it seems she had been sitting in front of our neighbors house for 30min or so ringing the doorbell. Good thing they weren't home! She finally called me and we realized that she was not at our house (even though I'm still not sure how she made that mistake, she was just here Saturday). Things were a little rushed this morning. I had lots to do before her 11am occupational therapy appt and I spent most of my time dealing with the nurse. I know it will get better over time...but right now I'm really missing my helper. We did manage to get Reagan bathed before hustling over to therapy. Her OT did a sort of test drive today on some swings we were considering getting for Reagan's therapy room. It was a good thing too because I changed my mind on a few of them. Now my only real concern (and it's a big one) is whether or not these swings are going to be able to hold both the weight of Reagan and me or one of her nurses. Scary. After OT she had feeding therapy which went really well. She had quite a bit of cinnamon applesauce as well as some bites of veggie straws. We just really need to make a point of giving her some sort of food by mouth each day...even if only a little...at least it's something. It's amazing to think about the amount of time we spent each day trying to get food into her. Force feeding her bottles and baby food...she's just never been an eater. Maybe she'll take to it better now that it's only for recreational purposes? All in all, we had a good day today. The nursing company came through and we did have help today. Reagan's been a complete angel and seems to be feeling a little better. Praying for more good days to come...

1 comment:

jocalyn said...

that's a start!

since our g-button Kendall eats 3 100 calorie meals a day. snacks really. but she enjoys eating again. i try to only give her the yummy things she likes (carbs mostly...then g-button the fat/protein) because it is an enjoyable thing for both of us now, it's one of my favorite things to do with her...

but a swing we could both fit on would be really fun! let us know what you decide on.